Rom & Kernel Development for the One Plus 3T has been started and today we got a new kernel for One Plus 3T .
Developer eng.stk from the XDA forum have released a new kernel named Blu Spark for Stock Oxygen OS.
This Kernel is strictly for One Plus 3T devices running Oxygen OS V3.5.* . You need a custom TWRP and ROOT access in order to flash it. No support will be provided by dev if you flash it on any custom kernel such as CyanogenMod .
• Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-6.2 (cortex-a53 targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 6.2-2016.11-rc2)
• Full -Os support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
• Less is more: stockish builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996
• Systemless installer (OTA friendly)
• Removed some debug and logging options
• ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
• General upstream and CAF fixes
• Several CPU Governors (blu_active own upstreamed and tweaked governor by default)
• Overclock available (boots with default freqs), set 300HZ base timer frequency [soon]
• msm_performace input boost toggle on/off (disabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
• Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
• Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, tweaked filesystems (F2FS upstream, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS)
• Removed verify and forced encryption
• Stock thermal driver by default (custom tunables available)
• Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with NEON support)
• Swap and adaptive LMK off by default
• Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control
• KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (use 133MHz min freq to save juice, goes to idle @ 100MHz)
• sRGB and KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
• Battery/Notification LED control
• Multimount fstab (you can use data f2fs or ext4)
• FS fsync toggle on/off
• CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.18+)
• init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU])
• Compatible with Kernel Adiutor Beta and others
How To Flash Kernel
It is recommended to backup rom before doing such dangerous thing ;p
1. Make sure you are on stock OxygenOS V3.5.* and You need to have TWRP installed and rooted.
If you do not have TWRP installed then follow the Steps given in this post to flash TWRP and get root.
2.. Now Downlaod blue spark kernel from below link.
Blu Spark Kernel
3. If you are using any other custom kernel than you have to dirty flash the stock OxygenOS . If you are stock kernel than skip this step.
4. Reboot Into TWRP recovery and make a backup to stock boot.img in case if you want to return to stock kernel.
5. Now Flash the Blu Spark kernel zip
6. Reboot and you are done. Easy. Install Kernel Adiutor from play store and start exploring.